COVID-19 Policy Changes
We have made the following policy changes within our office to ensure the safety of our patients and staff during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. These changes will directly impact our patients and guests.
M. T. Curry Pediatrics is open for regular business hours at this time.
1. To limit patient contact we have implemented remote check-in and forms completion. We ask that all scheduled, in-office patients call 757-547-5851 upon arrival and remain in their vehicle. A member of our staff will send a text notification when an exam room becomes available.
2. All guests and patients over the age of two years old, who are scheduled in office appointments, will be required to wear a mask or other face covering. Masks must remain on for the duration of your visit and should not be removed, unless asked to for examination purposes, until you have exited the building.
3. Only the patient(s) being treated and one guardian may come to scheduled appointments. Parents of children ages 2 months or younger may both attend appointments. Families with multiple children ages 4 and under may both attend appointments. Patients ages 18-21 will be seen alone.
4. Our front desk will continue screening patients over the phone for COVID-19 at the time of scheduling and sending out the COVID-19 screening to patients VIA text or email at check in. The COVID-19 screening is electronic and patients/parents will be required to fill and sign this waiver prior to being allowed to enter the building. We ask that parents and patients alike be considerate of others and answer these questions honestly so that we can provide the best care possible to the patient.
5. We will continue to conduct qualifying visits remotely VIA Telemedicine and we have expanded the allowed services to include the management of chronic conditions for our low-risk, compliant patients.
Our staff is working around the clock to contact and inform scheduled patients of our recent policy changes and may recommend that your child be rescheduled if they feel they may be at risk.
If you know you are scheduled for a face to face appointment and you or your child fall ill or develop symptoms of COVID-19 please call our office immediately so that we can determine the appropriate mode of treatment.
As your child's Primary Care Provider we have the best interest of your child in mind & we would like to thank you all for your continued understanding and cooperation during this time.